Fall Color Writer’s Retreat / September 10-16, 2017
Boulder Marriott, Boulder, Colorado (5 days, 6 nights)
“How to Write and Market a Blockbuster Novel”
Join JOAN JOHNSTON, top 10 New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of more than 50 novels and novellas, with more than 10 million copies of her books in print, and Marketing Expert and Veteran Advertising Agency Principal NANCY NOVEMBER SLOANE as they share their secrets for writing and selling the blockbuster novel.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to hook your reader into a compelling story and write the “unputdownable” novel
- How to build an emotional bond between your reader and your characters
- How to write with a well-realized voice, so your novel is engaging, gripping, and unforgettable
- 5 things you need to know to make sure your cover stands out on the shelves—and online!
- How to find an agent and sell to a major publisher
- 5 keys to creating a marketing strategy to sell self-published books online or supplement the marketing efforts of a print publisher
- How to build a brand and leverage it effectively through social media
- The secrets (oh, the secrets!) of Facebook advertising
- LEAVE WITH the tools you need to write a riveting, bestselling novel, and a plan to market it to your readers
About Boulder and the Boulder Marriott
Situated at 5,000 feet along the western slope of the Rocky Mountains, Boulder is known as “24 miles surrounded by reality” because of its unique setting and relaxed lifestyle. The Boulder Marriott is conveniently located near the heart of downtown Boulder, just a mile from world-class, farm-to-table restaurants, shopping, hiking, biking, and nearby attractions. Boulder’s live music scene is part of a popular art and coffee shop culture. Along with local wine tastings, outdoor markets, and a growing number of breweries, there’s always something fun to do in Boulder and the surrounding mountain towns.
5 half-day, morning workshops will be followed by afternoon excursions to places like Chautauqua, Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver’s Botanical Gardens, and other exciting venues. Join our group excursions or do your own thing.
$500 workshop only. $1,750 per person double occupancy; $2,300 per person single occupancy includes 6 nights at the Boulder Marriott, breakfast, 5 half-day workshops, up to 2 escorted excursions with boxed lunch. Does not include airfare.
To register, click here.
To reserve your space, a 60% deposit is required for overnight guests, with the balance due August 1. Day workshop reservations must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your space. A full refund is available for cancellations through June 30. Partial refund for cancellations after June 30. No refunds for cancellations after July 30. For more information, email email@example.com.